Police blotter: An FAU fan claimed his drinks were “spiked” at a football game and one student says someone broke into his dorm and poured water on his laptop

Monica Ruiz

All information is taken from the police reports provided by FAUPD.
All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

When: Sept. 29, 2012  — 8:30 p.m.
Where: FAU Football Stadium

A Chartwells employee called FAU Police to remove a woman from the stadium bar who was walking up to strangers and bothering them.

When police arrived at the scene, they kicked the woman out of the tiki bar, located on the second floor of the stadium, and escorted her to the police station. While she was in custody, she refused to give her name or the names of the people she came to the game with stating; “I’m not getting my friends involved.”

They brought her to a holding cell, where, eventually, she told police the name of her boyfriend.

She was charged with disorderly conduct because of her intoxication, and combative attitude, and was transported to Palm Beach County Jail.

Eventually, police got a hold of her boyfriend, who told police he was throwing up by his truck, then hung up on police.

On Oct. 2, the boyfriend called police, and left a message claiming: “he thought their drinks (beers) that were purchased at the FAU Stadium, before and during the football game,
may have been, ‘spiked’ because he said he did not remember anything after halftime of the FAU football game and wanted to know what happened.”

According to reports, the boyfriend told police that his friends don’t remember what happened after the beers.

“He and his friend and [girlfriend who was arrested] also had, ‘a tequila shot or two’ during tailgating before the football game started … [he and his friend] was, ‘face planted’ at the game (drunk and almost passed out), and that his friend’s wife, who had not been drinking, had to almost drag his friend home.”

Police told him there were no other reports of drinks being “spiked.”

He told police that his girlfriend’s behavior that day was out of character, and that she is embarrassed.

When: Oct. 3, 2012 — 2:38 a.m.
Where: University Drive East

After a student ran a red light, he was busted for having marijuana.

According to reports, after the officer pulled the car over, he could immediately smell marijuana coming from his car and then called for backup.

“I asked the rear seat passenger, [an] FAU commuter student, to exit the vehicle. Upon
doing so I observed [him] to be unsteady on his feet and his eyes to be glassy. I then asked the front passenger, [an] FAU resident student, to exit the vehicle. As [the resident student] exited the vehicle he appeared to have a poor sense of balance, and his eyes appeared red. As I was speaking with the driver, [the] FAU resident student, he appeared very nervous and confused. I observed [the driver] to have red watery eyes and a rapid heartbeat.”

The officer told the driver he could smell marijuana coming from his car and asked if he had any. The driver confessed to having pipes and marijuana on him.

The student was given a traffic ticket for running a red light, and each student was given a dean’s referral.

When: Oct. 6, 2012 — 9:14 a.m.
Where: Glades Park Tower

A resident student claimed that someone poured water on his MacBook while he was sleeping, causing it not to work.

According to reports, between 1 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., someone went into his unlocked room and soaked his laptop with water while he was asleep.

“[The student] did state that the water bottle was right next to the computer on the desk when he came home for the evening. [He] also did advise that there was a puddle of water on the floor next to his desk.”

Policed looked through the elevator cameras and saw the resident student get off the seventh floor alone, but there aren’t any cameras on the seventh floor that could pinpoint who destroyed his property.

The case was closed due to insufficient data.